Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tumbling blocks and IKEA trip

Hello!

My tumbling blocks quilt top is finally finished! I kept making it larger and larger so it ended up being 75inches by 92 inches! I think it looks pretty good in the guest room, although my mom has hinted that this one should live at her house...




I think the black borders really make it pop.

Last week Bart was sick so I decided I needed to get out of the house and away from the germs. I somehow ended up at IKEA and a bunch of new orginization tools somehow made their way into my cart... I don't know how these things happen!


 Three sets of floating shelves and some great glass jars, as well as some buckets to store all my tools!


A dry erase board to keep track of all my projects!

And a huge vase to keep my scraps that will someday work their way into another quilt!


All in all I would say it was a good week!

10 comments:

  1. Your tumbling blocks look great! I am interested in the other quilt hanging by your shelves. The yellow, blue and green quilt. Really love it!

    Don't you just love to buy organization items? The Container Store is one of my faves, glad I don't live too close to it or I would have containers for containers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks great! What are you planning to do for the binding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tumbling blocks quilt blocks really pop with that black border. Haha about IKEA. It would be dangerous if there was an IKEA close to me. I just did a post on how you walk out of the store with so much more than you planned in getting. Quilt shops--VERY dangerous to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tumbling blocks and very sad that I don't live very close to an Ikea anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing quilt. Great job of piecing. Ah, IKEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tumbling Blocks quilt is fabulous. The black border is a terrific choice, it really does make the quilt come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colors you used in your quilt, can see why your Mom is hinting for this one :) I've never been to an IKEA, but if they have more of those cute little buckets I just might have to find one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish! And I love the vase idea. I use a wire basket, but that would keep things quite contained.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the black border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spectacular tumbler quilt.

    Hey, your settings are as a no reply blogger. I suspect a result of default settings. Let me know if you need help changing. I also have screen shots and tips on the page of my blog labeled "giveaway" that should help walk you thru what you need to do to change them.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete